The LSE SU Music Society is one of the most active societies at the LSE, and was crowned 'LSE SU Best Society' and 'Double Gold-Star Award' in 2013, 2014 and 2015. In addition to the fantastic Orchestra and Choir, with our breadth of student talent, we arrange jazz nights, chamber music concerts, open mics and band nights. Whether you are interested in performing, listening or anything else musical, you're in the right place!
As a member you get:
- Information on joining the LSE Orchestra and LSE Choir.
- Opportunity to get involved with all our other groups.
- Use of our networking system to meet other LSE musicians of all kinds of style and standard.
- Use of the Music Practice Room (MPR) reserved only for Society members.
- Use of equipment including pianos, keyboards, stands, amps, mics, drums, recording equipment.
- Performance platforms in the form of classical concerts, open mics, jazz nights and competitions.
- A dedicated team of music enthusiastics keen to direct music activities and share their experience and knowledge with all.
- Free food and drinks at Society social events.
Information about gaining access to the Music Practice Room (MPR):
Once you purchase your membership you may have to wait at least a week before you can gain access to the MPR because your ID card details need to be set up on both the LSE Room Bookings and the LSE Security systems as the MPR has swipe card access to it.
Early each week (usually Tuesday) the LSESU Activities Team will send LSE Security details of any new members who have joined the LSESU Music Society from the previous 7 days. LSE Security will set up each person to have access to the MPR with their LSE card; as a result only LSE Students and Staff members can gain entry into the MPR.
LSE Security will inform the LSE Room Bookings office when this done and you should be able to book the room by Friday evening. Due to the current technical difficulties with the new online resource booker for room bookings, if you wish to book the MPR then please email your request to email@example.com.
The MPR is accessed via the Shaw Library in the Old Building.
Music Society can be whatever its members desire. So whether you are interested in performing, listening or anything else musical, the Music Society is your gateway to the music scene at the LSE.
Visit our Facebook and Twitter and email us anytime.