Dear Budding Golfers,
I just wanted to write this article to highlight to potential golfers what we offer as part of the £20 package of membership.
Experienced Players (c. under handicap 15)
- Weekly matches in the BUCS South Eastern Conference League and Cup against universities like Royal Holloway, Imperial, Kings, Surrey and Essex among others. Home course - the Addington Golf Club (35 mins from Holborn, top 100 courses in Britain). These are on Wednesdays and typically will be from 11am - 6pm total time including post match drinks and socialising.
- For the best players we link to the ULU golf team (see Facebook page and ULU website) which has matches on the weekends of 36 holes and playing social matches against golf club teams (such as the Berkshire, Royal St. George's, Sunningdale, Swinley Forest which are some of the most stunning courses in England). Entry to the team is competitive and subject to recommendation/trial.
Intermediate/Beginner Players looking to practice/take lessons
- Indoor simulator based technology in central London (currently in negotiations with Urban Golf and City Golf in Bank). Approximate discounted cost we can arrange through our network is around £8 per one hour group lesson during the weekday with 4/5 people, and individual lessons for £25 per hour (normal rate £70).
- For taking up a bay/slot we can get an hour's driving rate for around £3 an hour per person, 10-12/3-5 on weekdays.
- We can recommend outdoor driving ranges for you to go yourself.
Finally, for those who want to meet new people interested in learning golf, we can get you connected and networked with each other thus that you can organise games and get out on the course with each other recommending golf courses.
Any questions please email Shivam Shah (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Dhruv Ghulati (email@example.com).