Working During Your Studies


If you are studying at LSE on a Tier 4 Student Visa then you will normally have restrictions on the number of hours and type of work you can do.
During term time you are only eligible to work up to a maximum of 20 hours a week. During your holidays you can work full-time. You are also permitted to work full time on a work placement which if it is part of your course.
For information on working in the months after your course has finished please see this section of the ISIS webpages
What type of work can I do?
You can do most kinds of work, but you must not: engage in business, be self-employed or pursue a career by filling a permanent full-time vacancy.
European Economic Area Students
There are no restrictions  for European Economic Area (EEA) students  who are seeking to work either full time or part time. 
However Bulgarian and Romanian nationals studying in the UK must first obtain a registration certificate.  One you have the required documents you are permitted to work 20 hours term time and full time during vacations.

For further information on getting a national insurance number and UK employment rights see the money and work section of the advice pages. 



Listen to the player