Chat with us
We are delighted to introduce you to the Korea Future Association (KFA), the world’s largest student-run association related to the Korean Peninsula and the broader East Asian region.
We consist of a group of impassioned students who want to bring various topical issues of Korea and East Asia to a larger platform where students from not only London but anywhere in the world can convene to learn from each other and exchange ideas regardless of their backgrounds.
We organise the largest student-run forum discussing the economic and political issues of Korea and East Asia in the world, and regularly invite renowned speakers to share their unique opinions on niche subjects such as human rights issues in North Korea.
By joining us, you will have the chance to join one of our four sub-committees: the speaker’s team, the marketing and logistics team, the special events team, and the sponsorship team.
Join us to not only gain experience with organising large-scale events, but also to build your network and befriend like-minded people who share the same academic passion.
You can also choose to only participate in our events as members, broadening your perspective about the ever-growing East Asian region. For more information about what we do, please check out the Events and Activities section!
Purchasing a membership to our society will give you access to our activities throughout the year, including events such as career talks from professionals working in Korea and abroad. You will also get an opportunity to apply for our various sub-committee positions, and vote in our annual AGM.
Tickets for flagship events such as the KFA week are free for sub-committee members. Each year, we try to incorporate as many members as possible in the sub-committee to ensure that members can participate in the experience of organising our flagship forum.
As a member, you’ll get the opportunity to not only share perspectives about various East Asian topical issues but also make many like-minded, dedicated and amazing friends for life.
Events and Activities
Our events this year will be:
- Careers panel; a short talk in October with LSE alumni/students who have interned at various industries such as banking and law.
- Jobs Forum; this is our main career panel talk held in Michaelmas term that will be of particular interest to students looking to gain insight from professionals who work locally and abroad.
- Korea Future Association week (KFA week); this will be hosted in Lent term. Throughout this week, we will be hosting a series of panels with renowned speakers in their given field, and provide an opportunity for the audience to Q&A and network with the speakers.
- East Asia Forum; this is another flagship event to be hosted in Lent term alongside KFA week. The special events team collaborates with other LSESU societies such as the China Development Society with the aim of investigating the wider socio-economic issues regarding East Asia.
- Guest speakers series; these are one-off talks dedicated for speakers with a distinct background or agenda to share their experience or perspective. Last year, we were able to invite to LSE the Country Director of ‘Liberty in North Korea’, an international NGO working for North Korean defectors.
*Note: events may be held virtually in the 2020/21 academic year due to COVID-19.
The committee is really excited to welcome new members and we have created a dedicated WhatsApp group for any questions you have. Just click the link below and you’ll get access to the group.
You can also contact us by messaging any of our social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter). You can also email us at email@example.com. If interested, please check out our website.