Chat with us
LSE Impact Investing Society (IIS) is LSE's premier society focusing on impact investing, development finance, and ESG. The IIS strives to equip students with the knowledge, skills, and network necessary to successfully launch meaningful careers in finance.
In doing so, the IIS endeavours to enable and inspire future industry leaders to recognise their personal capacity to utilise finance and their careers to engender positive, measurable social and environmental impact while generating financial returns.
The IIS’s mission has 3 core tenets:
- Awareness: The IIS strives to be the leading society focused on the enhancement of awareness regarding the application of finance and investing beyond conventional corporate applications to engender meaningful impact alongside profit.
- Education and Skills Development: The IIS works to create an engaging platform that expands members’ critical understanding of impact investing and development finance, and equip them with the foundations of the analytical and technical skills necessary to succeed in their careers.
- Careers: The IIS serves as a bridge for students and impact investing professionals, enabling members to develop their professional network and gain first-hand insights into the career opportunities that await them.
Since its founding in October 2019, the Impact Investing Society has successfully hosted panel sessions with leading impact investing and sustainable finance professionals, keynote speeches, and collaborative events with other finance societies at the LSE. Some of the firms we have worked with include HSBC, BNP Paribas, Earth Capital, and Tribe Impact Capital.
For the 2020-21 Academic Year, we plan to go even bigger. We plan on creating new tailored, skills and knowledge-focused initiatives including:
- Introducing a new research blog focused on new developments in the impact investing world with monthly updates. This research blog will culminate with the launch of the first-ever LSE Impact Review, a collection of impact investing-focused research from students, academics, and professionals from around the world
- Introducing a simulated investment fund complete with training sessions to teach members the basics of trading and impact investing
- Launching an Impact Investing Summit in conjunction with other ESG and impact investing focused societies in London
Beyond these 3 main projects, we also plan to build upon the strong foundations in 2019-2020 and plan a greater variety of events throughout the year such as fireside chats, coffee sessions, and office visits with partner firms.
For all those interested in all things finance, development, and ESG, and learning about how you can embark on a career that is both meaningful and rewarding, the LSE Impact Investing Society is undoubtedly the best place for you.
Purchasing a membership to our society will give you access to all of our society’s events and workshops throughout the academic year. Members are also able to join the society’s subcommittees, where you can play an active role in the societies activities - whether producing articles in the research division, helping set up events, liaising with corporate partners, or promoting the society on social media. You’ll also have direct access to network with employees of our corporate partners, and learn the skills necessary to succeed in the industry.
Your membership fee goes towards the society’s administrative costs, such as hosting speakers, organising networking events, and publishing our research online.
As a member of the Impact Investing Society, you’ll become a part of a family of dedicated and like-minded students who share a passion for generating positive impact through their careers, and build a network that will last for years to come.
Events and Activities
Over the course of the year, our activities and events include:
- Regular educational events including panel interviews, keynote speakers, and debates
- Lent Term Impact Investing Summit, featuring interviews with leading professionals, workshops, and networking opportunities
- Bi weekly skills development training sessions, including from corporate partners, to learn about identifying impactful investment opportunities
- Monthly opportunities to publish research reports about impact investing
- Society socials and networking sessions with impact investing professionals
Our committee is extremely excited to welcome new members for the upcoming year! For any questions you may have, join our WhatsApp group for new members. We’ll also be hosting two Zoom calls on Tuesday, 29 September and Tuesday, 6 October from 2 PM - 2:45 PM BST, where you can meet our committee, learn more about impact investing at LSE, and ask any questions you may have! Drop us a message on Facebook Messenger or email email@example.com to find out more details and RSVP.