Annual General Meeting
Our AGM (Annual General Meeting) is a chance for you to hold your Students’ Union to account and is taking place in the LSESU Venue on 12th March. We will tell you what we did last year to improve your experience at LSE, as well as the areas we need to get better at. You will hear about our financial position and have the opportunity to influence how we spend our money going forwards. Our trustees will also be ready to answer your questions and hear your feedback.
- Free mocktails!
- First 100 people to arrive receive a free coffee voucher for our café
Why is the Annual General Meeting (AGM) important to me?
No matter your year of study, department or your stance on the SU, the AGM is beneficial for all students to attend:
- Maybe you have no idea or awareness of the Students' Union.
This is the best way to find out who we are and what we do first hand from the leaders of the organisation.
- Maybe you're involved or part of the Students' Union in some way.
Whether that be part of our clubs and societies or as a PTO or campaigner - the AGM is the time to acknowledge what we have achieved and to help determine the course of the SU's growth.
- Maybe you have some concerns about us?
This is a great opportunity to question and challenge your SU and it's governance.
- The best reason to attend?
You get first hand experience of how an organisation is run, what challenges there are and what works. Who knows, one day you could be running your own Annual General Meeting!
- What is an AGM?
- Quorum Check
- Ratification of the previous AGM
- What is the purpose of the Students' Union?
- Receive Trustees Report & Strategic Priorities Update
- Receive 2018/19 Accounts
- Appointments of the Auditors
- Review and Approve list of affiliations
- How should we spend our money?
- Open questions to the Trustees by the members
Send a Proxy
As a member of LSESU you have the opportunity to send another person to attend the meeting in your place.
Click the button below to send a proxy notice!
Send a Proxy Notice