Es We Can!
Hi I’m Esohe and I’m running to be your Education Officer.
Having been an Academic Board representative, worked on six LSESU committees and a Peer Supporter for LSE’s Student Counselling, I know what works and how it works at LSE.
TEACHING AND SUPPORT
- Launch: a pre-university transition scheme, pre-exam workshops, student review of class and seminar structure and a ‘Rate my Module’ page
- Ensure: lecture capture is mandatory, early notification of results for students who have failed and that academic advisors are assigned for your whole degree
- Reform: the extenuating circumstances system, exam barring procedures and the LSE app to include features such as checking PC availability
ACCESS AND REPRESENTATION
- Joint honours students: create a centralised management structure for joint honours students
- Social Mobility: campaign against further fee increases, skills audit and personal development plan
- Mature and Part-time students: develop an online information hub, introduce SSLC reps for part-time students
- Postgraduates: standardise the dissertation information dissemination process, impose deadlines to pull suspended/discontinued modules advertised
- Disabled students: Have Individual Exam Arrangements applied for entire degree
- Lobbying for compulsory exam feedback; assessment and curriculum diversification; increased investment in GTA pay and training and
- Tackling the BME attainment gap