I have identified where we perform well and where we must excel.
*Sporting Success Shift
I believe we are successful in encouraging participation, however lack in encouraging competition.
* Instauration of Halls of Residences Championships with sport events between residences and an awards ceremony.
* Implementation of an LSE Sports Day involving all students.
* Installation of LSE Sports Hub, online platform integrating news, fixtures, league tables and club contacts.
* Publication of an LSE Sports Record Book.
* Introduction of Next Level Award. An athlete recognition award following any competition achievements with winners given a medal and Beaver feature.
*Society Significance Shift:
A drastic increase in support from the ARC so societies can host the academic year’s most anticipated events.
* Establishment of performance indicators for the ARC. To ensure monitoring of the service given to societies.
* Response time revolution. Email responses under 3 days. Financial reimbursement and event approval under 7 days. Room booking authorisation up until 4 days before event.
* Launch of a ‘Society from Scratch’ programme in 2018, providing formal guidance to those founding a new society.
* Society only assemblies, seperate from the AU, since issues faced are very different.
Clubs and Societies Endorsment:
African Caribbean - Boxing - Cocktail Society - Dance Club - Fashion society - Fives - Hindu Society - Muay Thai Club - Nigerian - Rowing Club - Chess