What is the LSESU International Students' Activities Fund?
This year the Students’ Union is launching a fund to help international students run their own activities. These activities should be aimed at building the international community at LSE but can be anything! For example a cultural celebration or a tour of London.
Funding requests will be subject to criteria and will be decided by Students’ Union representatives – successful funding will be either fully or part-funded with between £50 and £250 available for each project.
What is the aim of the fund?
The LSESU International Students' Activities Fund aims to support individual and groups of international students to put on their own projects to engage the LSE international community.
What support can I get?
- Funding of up to £250
- 121 support from the Students’ Union with planning and running your project or event
- Project management and event management training through LSESU Beyond the Classroom sessions
Criteria and how to apply
- 1. You must be a current international student at LSE (undergraduate or postgraduate from outside the UK).
- 2. Your project must benefit and engage the international LSE community.
- 3. In order for applications to be considered, you must submit a project plan/budget via email which reflects how the money will be spent. Please make sure you have submitted your project plan/ budget to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line 'ISAF - YOUR NAME - STUDENT ID'.
- 3. You may be asked to attend a meeting with a Students’ Union representative, to further discuss your application before a decision is made.
- 4. The fund can only be used for non-academic related activities.
- 5. The ISAF has limited financial resources. In the event that applications submitted exceed the available resource, a selection process will take place and some applications may be unsuccessful.
- 6. Food and drink can only be reimbursed when it has been used to cater for the event.
- 7. You must spend/claim reimbursement of the money within the same term your application was approved.
- 8. Successful ISAF applicants will be required to complete a short survey to help us evaluate the impact of the fund.