Advice Engagement Assistant (2 positions)
Listed by LSE Students' Union
Application deadline: Mon 18 Mar 2019
We are looking for 2 positive, non-judgmental, and empathetic students who can listen and responsibly signpost. As the role will involve talking to your fellow students, you should feel confident about having potentially difficult conversations with your peers. You will have good time-management skills and a creative flair for promoting our messages via different mediums. Previous experience in support positions is desirable, but not necessary.
As of May 1st, it will go up to £11.85 to remain in line with the London Living Wage (If you have been directed here from LSE career hub, please note that the wage information on this page is accurate)
1.00 - 3.00 Average of 1-3 hours per week between late April-June 2019
Fri 22 Mar 2019
About the job
Advice Assistants help out the SU Advice Team in our peak times during summer exam season. You will be promoting the Advice Service both on campus, in Halls of Residence, and via our social media channels, letting students know about the various processes available to help them through their time at LSE. You will be handing out guidance booklets, answering questions, and taking referrals where necessary. You will become familiar with the LSE exam processes, and feel confident explaining how the Advice Service can support students with these.
- Distribution of information, such as exam guides, the Fit to Sit policy and housing contract checklists.
- Promotion of the SU Advice Service by informing students of its role and how to access via pop-ups on campus, in Halls of Residence, and on our social media platforms.
- Engaging students in conversations about support and feeding back any suggestions/concerns to the Advice Service.
- Running mini-workshops on different areas of advice with support of an SU Adviser.
- Taking referrals from students and passing these on to the Advice Service.
- You will be able to engage your peers in topics that they may not necessarily have considered before, such as exam processes.
- You will be approachable and empathetic.
- You will be enthusiastic and self-motivated.
- You are able to work within clear boundaries and understand the importance of confidentiality.
- You will have the ability to work independently and also in pairs to reach targets.
- You will be creative and confident using social media platforms such as Instagram and Facebook.
Central London, Holborn