The Beyond the Classroom: Coaching and Officials Academy is designed to offer you the opportunity to develop your skills and provide a wider benefit to the LSE community. You have the opportunity to apply for a place on any coaching, umpires, officials or first aid course of your choice.
What courses will be funded:
Benefit to the community
- Courses which offer the widest possible benefit to LSEAU and students involved in sport at LSE
- Courses which meet a clearly expressed student need, particularly where there is a shortage of coaches, officials or first aiders
- Funding of and participation of students on a course must not damage the reputation of LSESU, LSEAU or the LSE
Benefit to the individual
- The course is fully accreditted by a national assocaition of the relevant sport or activity
- The course must take students beyond their current level of expertise or knowledge
- Priority will be given to students who have not already completed a course as part of the Beyond the Classroom Coaches and Officials Academy
- The beneficiary must be an LSE Student
- If a club helps to fund a qualification, then the relevant student must provide at least 10 hours of coaching, officiating or first aid support to the club
- All participants must record their experiences in a report at the end of their course and hand this to LSESU
- In order to ensure long term benefit to the AU, priority will be given to students with more than 12 months left of study, in order to ensure that there is a continued benefit
- At least one space per club will be reserved for a student to complete a first aid course
LSESU staff will administer the allocation of funds for the academy, with strategic oversight from the LSESU Activities and Development Officer.
LSESU will cover 80% of the cost of your course, while your club should cover 10% and you will need to cover 10% yourself. Once your application is approved, you can then book onto your course, and submit a payment request form to the ARC on the 1st floor of the Saw Swee Hock Student Centre. You will then be reimbursed the cost of your course. If you are unable to pay the cost of the course up front, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss alternative options.