Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Listed by LSE Students' Union
Application deadline: Tue 06 Jun 2023
LSE Students' Union (LSESU) is a not-for-profit organisation led by LSE students, for LSE students.
We are excited to be growing our Marketing and Communications team and we are on the lookout for a co-ordinator to support our continued growth in the digital space.
We are on the lookout for someone who can demonstrate the ability to think both creatively and analytically. The role will be responsible for producing and publishing image and video content, writing, editing and proofreading supporting content strategies and growing our key metrics, engagement, following and traffic.
You will need to be comfortable and confident in finding creative ways of building an online presence, through all forms of social media, website content and email marketing strategies.
The interviews for this role will be conducted between 16th to 18th June.
- Responsible for producing creative audio-visual material as required including developing, editing, uploading material to online platforms, and supporting officers and staff in video production and planning
- Responsible for producing content for the Union’s digital platforms
- Responsible for the day to day running of the Union’s social media platforms
- Coordinate photographing and filming of key Union activities
- Responsible for systematically storing articles, images, and audio-visual material
- Liaise with staff to improve their digital literacy and copy writing skills
- Responsible for working with other departments to create engaging, innovative and creative communications campaigns and marketing materials, recording and analysing the delivery of different content cross-platforms using various analytics software
- Liaise with University staff and external companies on issues relating to marketing, design and communication
- Copywrite, copy edit and proof-read various Marketing and Communications materials both long and short form
- Ensure consistent brand identity across all online platforms through use of Photoshop and brand guidelines
- Responsible for providing information, data and analysis required by the Head of Marketing and Communications
- Responsible for researching our target audiences and ensuring content is relevant and appropriate to them
- Collate information for content scheduling and planning
- Contribute to Marketing and Communications team strategic planning by putting forward proposals to improve our communications and marketing
- Supervise part time student staff to produce content for digital platforms
- Identify areas of learning and development of Digital Assistants
- Ensure part time staff work plans are in line with the team content plans
- A condition of employment is that all staff are expected to assist in key events throughout the year e.g., Freshers’ and Welcome festivals and any other key event, including elections, if necessary
- Support Sabbatical Officer priorities and implementation of Student Member Motions
- Any other tasks that would be deemed suitable within this role as directed by line manager
Benefits and Perks
In return for your passion and experience we offer:
- 25 days holidays per year
- Additional closure periods at Christmas and Easter
- Free LSE Students’ Union gym membership, advice from dedicated professionals, wth a wide range of activities including yoga classes, dance classes, pilates classes
- Cycle to Work scheme enabling significant savings on bicycle purchase
- Access to LSE & UAL staff training courses
- Ability to purchase TOTUM (NUS) card giving wide range of discounts
- Flexibility for work-life balance
- Interest free Travel loan
How to apply?
Please follow this link to apply and to upload the required documents and to see further information about this job.
If you would like to have an informal chat about this role please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Compulsory Requirement - The UK Government sets the legal regulations that we are required to follow. As an employer we have to ensure that everyone is eligible to work in the UK and this is done by us checking and making a copy of the correct original identification/documentation before your first day of work. Currently we require you to have the right to work in the UK, as we are not a Home Office approved sponsor.
37 per Week