Via University Portal
Admin, Alumni, Guests
This society is here to bring together students from all backgrounds, in order to promote the Tamil culture and organise various events open to all LSE students.
This society was first established in 2013, looking to create a society which truly represented the Tamil identity. The Tamil culture is not only one of the most diverse cultures, but also one of the most divisive. For too long the Tamil identity has been misconstrued, simply due to a lack of representation. Hence, the Tamil Society at LSE looks to put these preconceptions to rest.
We have 3 aims:
- To be here for our members as a support system throughout your progression through university
- To celebrate and promote our Tamil culture through our various events
- To harbour and celebrate the talents of our members - whether it be sports, music or dance
Our events range from entertaining socials to informative lectures - all of which celebrate and highlight Tamil culture. If you are interested in getting involved in:
- Gaana Dancing (e.g. Timeless, alongside many other shows)
- Football and Netball (Legacy League - Inter-university Tamil Society tournaments)
- History and Human Rights (lectures and collaborations with numerous human rights and Tamil student groups, such as TSI)
Find out more about STARS Awards
London School of Economics & Political Sciences Students’ Union.
Charity Number (Registered Charity: Charity Commission): 1143103; Company Number (Company Limited by Guarantee): 7710669; We are a London Living Wage employer.
Site powered by Membership Solutions.