LSESU Annual Report 2021 by LSESU
We've been part of LSE since 1897, and all LSE students automatically become LSESU members when they enroll. Our members join one of the UK's most active and best Students' Unions, and make it whatever they need it to be.
LSESU is led by elected Officers including 4 full-time paid Sabbatical Officers, 1 part-time paid Sabbatical Officer and 11 voluntary Part-Time Officers.
Our primary services include:
- Student Voice - supporting our students with representation, campaigning, policy change and elections
- Student Communities - supporting over 250+ clubs and societies and managing the gym
- Social - running our Union events, student bar (Three Tuns) and our cafe
- Student Advice - providing free, independent and confidential advice to our student membership
All proceeds from sales in our outlets or partner marketing activity go directly back into putting on amazing events, activities and support for students – so, by using our services, you are contributing to the LSE student experience and helping us to reinvest into the things we do for our members.
To create a community at LSE which is at the heart of student life.
Working together, for and with our members, we will make their time at LSE an empowering and enjoyable experience.
Our strategic priorities
Together with students, we will...
- Push the advancement of education ensuring that it is accessible, holistic and reflective of the diversity of the community at LSE.
- Develop a supportive environment which enables students to succeed. Where these services generate an income, this will be re-invested into those services which are free to access by our students.
- Be a Union which listens and acts ensuring that we are a positive agent for change in our School and communities.
- Develop a strong sense of community beyond the classroom, which are filled with opportunities that are fun and enjoyable.
2018-19 2017-18 2016-17 2015-16 2014-15 2013-14 2012-13 2011-12