A bit of background
Founded in 1897, LSE Students' Union is one of the oldest Students' Unions in the UK. It is the representative and campaigning body for students at The London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE). Like other Students Unions, it also funds and facilitates student activities on campus, including societies, and sports clubs through the Athletics Union (AU), the Media Group and Raising and Giving (RAG) charitable fundraising initiatives.
Our workforce is critical to the success of LSESU, we are responsible for the delivery of high-quality student-centred services to our students’ communities. Appointing the right staff with the right skills, knowledge, and behaviours is critical to delivering LSESU’s strategic plans. Are you excited by the challenge? The exact opposite of corporate, we’re progressive, daring, and creative individuals working to make a difference in unconventional workplaces. We also encourage any candidates to approach us for reasonable adjustments during our application process. LSESU strives to become an employer of choice whereby our recruitment and selection focuses on having the right number of staff in the right place at the right time. We are fully committed to creating a culture whereby our candidates from all backgrounds are welcomed and our recruitment and induction processes are accessible. Please tell us if you require adjustments at any stage.
DECLARATION OF INTEREST
As part of our recruitment processes, any candidate who applies for any role within the LSESU will be asked to complete a declaration.
Benefits and perks
For our career staff, we offer in return for your passion and experience:
- 25 days of holidays per year to 30 days of annual leave after 5 years
- Up to 6 additional days at Christmas and Easter closure periods
- Enrolment in the pension scheme
- Free LSE Students’ Union gym membership, advice from dedicated professionals • Wide range of activities including yoga classes, dance classes, and pilates classes
- Cycle to Work scheme enabling significant savings on bicycle purchase
- Employee Assistant Programme provides confidential advice and guidance to support the health and well-being of our workforce
- Access to LSE staff training courses
- NUS card
- Flexibility for work-life balance
- Interest-free Travel loan
Explore our vacancies
Full-time, part-time and fixed-term roles
Student staff roles