LSE Russian Business Society was created in 2006 and as a result of a merger between LSE Russian Society in 2016 was renamed to become LSE Russian Business and Culture Society.
The Russian Business and Culture Society is a network of over 2000 students, alumni, postgraduates and professionals. We are partners with 8 top UK universities’ Russian societies including UCL, Imperial and KCL.
We foster cooperation between the UK and the Russian-speaking nations of the world by organising speaker events and publicising opportunities to get involved in the economic life of the region. We aim to offer a holistic coverage of the of the region, providing our members with a bridge to its political, economic, cultural and business environment.
The highlight of the calendar is our annual Russian Business Week, which aims to offer insights into contemporary regional business issues from the perspective of individuals directly involved in them to the LSE community. Each year the conference runs for 4 days and welcomes 30+ speakers.
Throughout the year we host a wide range of speaker and networking events, cross-university mentoring schemes, private receptions and social events for every taste.
1. Provide and create opportunities to enable Russian - speaking students utilise their skills knowledge in the UK
2. Promote awareness of current Russian business, economic and social issues among the LSE Students
3. Enhance the image of the Russian Federation abroad, through informative and interactive events such as the Russian Business Week
4. Promote Russian culture among LSE students
5. Organise sport and entertainment events for members of the Society
6. Offer support for the members of the Society