Chat with us
India is famously known to be an amalgamation of several different traditions and customs. ‘Our most valuable and most instructive materials in the history of man are treasured up in India’ (Mark Twain).
The LSESU India Society, being one of the largest and most active cultural societies on campus, aims to provide you with a taste of the different flavours of this great country. The society has something for everyone - whether you’re an Indian who wants to find a home away from home or you’re someone who wants to experience, understand and embrace a culture that you have no prior knowledge of.
In order to truly represent the vast culture and customs in India, we ensure that our members get to experience a multitude of events. From our famous Bollywood nights (Bollywood Fiesta), to the much respected LSESU India Forum (LIF) conference, the society definitely has something that will grab your attention.
LIF is the UK’s largest student-led India-centric conference where students get to interact with eminent personalities from various professions. We have previously hosted speakers such as Karan Johar, Sunil Gavaskar and Jyotiraditya Scindia.
It is often thought that the beauty of a culture can be seen through its festivals; India is known to be the land of a myriad of colourful festivals. The LSESU India Society ensures that its members get to experience some of these wonderful and world-renowned festivals.
We also believe that there is a lot to learn from others - to put this into practice, we ensure that we have a number of collaborations with other societies to provide our members with new experiences and different perspectives.
All in all, the society will provide you with an opportunity to meet a number of amazing people from around the globe and help you to form bonds that will last a lifetime. It is going to be an extremely fun, enriching and unforgettable experience to be a part of our family. We can assure you that you will enjoy every bit of the journey!
Purchasing our membership will give you access to year-long discounts to all our events. You will also get the benefit of securing early-bird tickets to our signature ones.
In addition, we host a range of free events (such as a careers evening and games nights) open to members only for networking and socialising.
Events and Activities
Over the course of the year, LSESU India society hosts a wide range of events. Although many of these are well-established, we are open to new ideas from our members. Below are events we have hosted in previous years:
- Bollywood Fiesta – LSE’s biggest Bollywood night of Michaelmas Term and a great way to celebrate the Indian festival of Diwali! (6th October)
- Desibeatz – A series of Bollywood nights we organised in partnership with Desibeatz UK and Indian Societies from other London universities.
- Games night – several exciting games played, such as Twister and Housie, accompanied with iconic Indian street food and Chai.
- Movie nights – screening of famous Bollywood movies, chosen by our members, with pizza, snacks and drinks provided.
- Bollywood dance classes – free-to-attend classes led by experienced student choreographers in Michaelmas Term.
- Women's Career Panel – a career event open to all that we host in collaboration with the Women In Business Society.
- India Policy Forum – a series of events wherein we get guest speakers that talk about India's policies and its international stance.
- Careers event – guidance provided by people who have gone through the process before for spring weeks, summer analyst positions and postgrad internships.
- Bake Sale: fundraising bake sale in collaboration with RAG to raise money for the RAG charity partners.
- Hands Off LSE: an event wherein we collaborate with the SU campaign, Hands Off LSE, and Amnesty International to combat sexual harassment and violence.
- PAN UK Speaker Event: a speaker event where we call a representative from Pesticide Action Network UK who talks about sustainability and opportunities to get involved.
The committee is really excited to welcome new members and we've created a dedicated WhatsApp group for any questions you have.
You can also use the message option on our Facebook or Instagram pages.