Chat with us
Welcome to the LSESU Swiss Society!
We are the LSE society dedicated to all Swiss things: from food and culture, to politics and business opportunities. We organise social, professional and cultural events for Swiss students and Swiss culture enthusiasts.
If you fancy taking part in Raclette or Fondue nights, tasting Swiss wines & cheeses, meeting Swiss politicians, representatives of Swiss companies in London, or other students from Switzerland, you must certainly join in!
We pride ourselves on being a very inclusive and diverse student group! No need to be Swiss to become a member of our community! Unlike other national societies, we communicate in English so please do not be afraid of there being a language barrier (don’t worry, we can also speak national languages such as French, German, Italian and maybe even Romansh!). In terms of diversity, we have an equal number of undergraduate and postgraduate students, and our members study across 20+ departments of the LSE. If you become a member, you will meet many like-minded and fascinating individuals!
To sum up, whether you are Swiss, have lived or studied in Switzerland, have skied or hiked there once, or simply love the culture, Swiss Soc is THE society for you! Regardless of where you come from, we will make you feel at home and part of the Swiss Soc family!
Purchasing a membership to our society will give you access to all of our event throughout the 2020/21 academic year. This is NOT a society only for Swiss citizens: it is also for those who already love and those who want to discover the Swiss culture!
We are super inclusive and welcome everyone so do not be afraid to join in! Furthermore, our membership is only £1.50. It is undeniably a fantastic investment, so don’t miss out!!
Events and Activities
Over the course of the year, we organise many social, professional and cultural events.
To give you an idea, here are a few of the events we organised in the past years:
- monthly pub crawls on & off campus to get to know each other and tighten our community;
- meet-ups with students from other UK universities’ Swiss societies
- trips to Christmas markets around London;
- our very own Christmas market, on campus, in collaboration with the LSESU Austrian and German societies where we sold Raclette all day long!
- Raclette and Fondue Nights (on that topic, we are working with LSESU Socials on a very exciting project for next term so stay tuned!!)
- Swiss wine & cheese tasting (this year, we collaborated with the RAG, Bacchus Wine and Cocktail Societies to through a huge Apéro for charity during RAG Week);
- conference and networking events at the Embassy of Switzerland to the United Kingdom;
- social and networking events with Alumni groups back in Switzerland;
- ...and much more!
We are working on a lot of new exciting projects for the coming academic year!! Get your Swiss Soc membership and keep an eye on our social media channels. We are very excited to see you in London (hopefully) very soon!
Get in touch with us! We created two “LSESU Swiss Soc 2020/21” online communities for us to interact, to get to know each other and answer any questions you may have.
We created a WhatsApp chat and a Facebook Group
, which you can join by clicking on the corresponding links.
Please do not hesitate to join, we are very much looking forward to (virtually) meeting you all!!