Chat with us
Who are we?
At our very core, we brand ourselves as advocates and enthusiasts of the sophisticated art of Photography! From a casual selfie to a photoshoot, I am sure that many of you have had the opportunity to take a photo in your lives. If you happen to be that person who relishes spending 20 minutes to get the “perfect shot”, if you truly enjoy leaving behind those outstanding moments in your life through the delicate art of film, if you have even the slightest curiosity in the How, Why, When and Where for the broad topic that is “Photography”, why not come and give our society a whirl during your time in LSE? :)
Our activities are very straightforward: The idea is to bring together a group of remarkable people , providing them a common ground to diversify and spread their love and knowledge in Photography. Outdoor Photography Visits, Photoshoots, Exhibitions, Trips to Museums and Scenic Spots within London, and many more to come! Furthermore, as for this academic year, the committee has plans to bring awareness to the Professional Side of Photography, by reaching out to esteemed individuals and establishing a platform to aid anybody interested in this career path as well.
The answer to that is, Why not?
“Taking Pictures is savoring life intensely, every hundredth of a second” - French Photographer Marc Riboud
For just a membership fee of £1.50, you will have the opportunity to learn and gain so much more than what you paid for. There are no prerequisites or academic pressure to join us, as long as you have the passion for the art of capturing light to create an image. We thank you for visiting our page, and hope to see you for our GIAG session as well! :)
This membership, for only £1.50 in MT, is a way for to meet other photographers among our LSE community, it will give you access to many of our events such as some workshops about analog and digital photography, street photography, drinks and snacks organized to present some of the last pictures taken by the photographers in our society.
Events and Activities
*Due to Covid-19 Outdoor/Gathering Restrictions, the following events may be cancelled/postponed accordingly*
- Outdoor Photoshoot event x2: Invite members or anyone interested in Photography to public areas such as Museums or Parks to take photos of free-of-charge.
- Studio Photoshoot session x1: Possible plan to collab with External Societies to showcase their art
- Weekly workshop/chillout/education session related to Photography, based on hiring professionals, reaching out to personal connections or taking initiative on our own.
- Partnership/Sponsorship events x1 or 2: Plan is to reach out to Photography enthusiast/firm/corporations in London during MT and plan some sort of collaborative event for members to enjoy in the LT after planning is done.
- Photo Exhibitions x1: Plan to organise a platform, including social media platforms, for members to showcase their skills and interest in Photography. Uncertain about exact scale for the time being.
- Spring Outdoor Photoshoot x1: Outdoor Photoshoot event during Springtime to places within London such as Richmond Park
- Continued Weekly Sessions: Due to a lack of committee members for the time being, we have no definite plans. However, we have several ideas/connections in mind to host events regularly, engaging with our members and growing activity/the society as a whole.
We have made a Whatsapp group chat for anybody interested to hear from us regularly.