As the largest academic society at the LSE with over 800 members, we are the primary social and educational hub for both undergraduate and graduate students across a wide variety of disciplines. We are also the only society officially supported by the world-leading LSE Department of Economics, which grants us unparalleled resources to support and inspire our students.
For many LSE students, the Economics Society is one of the first societies they join. Many students attend our weekly speaker series, Sen Club, engaging with renowned economists and their research on a weekly basis. Past speakers include Amartya Sen, Gregory Mankiw, Eric Maskin, Paul Milgröm, Ricardo Reis, Silvana Tenreyro and Oriana Bandiera. Students can also produce and publish original research on Rationale, attend our flagship Economics Symposium, compete in our Economic Policy Competition, produce our Podcast and join various socials.
To get involved with the Economics Society, simply purchase membership and attend one of our events! You may also consider joining one of our five subcommittees: Sen Club, Special Events, Research, Corporate Outreach and Marketing. Recruitment typically opens shortly before the start of Michaelmas Term. More details on upcoming events and recruitment can be found on Facebook or Instagram.
For all other enquiries including business, sponsorship, invitation and collaboration, Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
We offer a standard membership to all LSE students. While some of our events are open to the public, only official members will be able to:
- Join the Society's subcommittees and research groups
- Run and/or vote for positions in the executive committee in Lent Term
- Be registered on the Society's mailing list, our official communication channel
- Gain access to socials, exclusive career events, and more
- Receive discounts on event tickets
- Become alumni of the Society after graduation
Events and Activities
- Sen Club: a weekly seminar series with prominent economists
- Economics Symposium: talks and panels featuring notable economists from around the world
- Student Research Programme: where undergraduates and postgraduates work in groups for the academic year to publish an original economic research paper
- Research Incubator Programme: a short and intensive crash course to help undergraduates develop research skills
- Economics Essay Competition: for pre-tertiary students to apply their economics knowledge and gain recognition from world-leading economists
- Economic Policy Competition: for university students to solve real-world problems through economics
- Economic Research Summit: for university students to present the research they conducted over the year with their peers from UChicago's Oeconomica
- Regular career events
- Regular socials, from pub crawls to indoor ping pong
...and more! Read about the most recent information on events and activities on our Facebook and Instagram.