Chat with us
One of the newest, fastest-growing and most accessible of LSESU's societies, we exist to promote opera and ballet to LSE students and enrich students' lives through these art forms. We are the centre-point on campus for opera and ballet, and the gateway for newcomers on their journey into opera and ballet.
We unashamedly think that opera and ballet is for all - especially for students. So, we widen participation in opera and ballet by breaking down myths about these art forms, by encouraging newcomers to give them a go, and by ensuring that events are always engaging, inclusive and financially accessible for all students. Don't wait until your fifties to realise the wonder of opera & ballet!
We are changing our events slightly this year due to COVID-19 regulations, until we are assured performance venues can safely hold socially distanced shows. In the mean time, expect the same experience on campus and virtually! As a member you will get access to performance screenings, post show socials, and insight talks from leading industry experts.
Join us to explore the world-class arts scene of London!
Join us on our journey to become a leading LSESU society. You'll get to shape your involvement with the Society - from attending your first opera or ballet in our programme of events to becoming an Executive Committee member.
- Secure the cheapest tickets for opera and ballet in London. You'll receive the members' discount - members will always receive cheaper tickets to our events than non-member LSE students.
- Hear about our events first and have the opportunity to buy tickets in advance. You'll join our mailing list.
- Shape the values and activity of our Society. Feedback your aims for the Society into the Executive Committee - or even stand for election yourself. You'll have the opportunity to volunteer to widen participation in opera and ballet.
Events and Activities
- Heavily discounted productions of opera, ballet and similar art forms at performance venues, in cinemas, on campus and from the comfort of your own home
- Insightful talks and masterclasses from industry leaders in the arts
- Pre and post show socials over zoom or at pubs and bars near the performance venue
- Collaborations with other LSESU societies to bring more of the LSE community together
The committee is very excited to welcome new members and will have various modes of communication open. Our primary mode of contact is through our Facebook page and Messenger platform.Please check our Facebook page closer to the date of the Welcome Fair for links to Zoom calls to meet the committee.
Once you become a member of our society, formal updates and important information will be sent through our society email, supplemented by our active Facebook page.
We'll answer questions about our events and membership, and are always open to ideas for new events, activities and collaboration.