Whether you're already a budding pythoneer / pythonista, have never written a line of code in your life, or just want to find out what the hype’s all about, DS@LSE is the place for you!
We hold regular talks and networking events with our partners, letting our members engage with industry practitioners and experts in the field. This year, we’re excited to work together with London Stock Exchange Group, Jane Street, KPMG, IBM, FNA and TrueCue as partners. We'll also be hosting speakers from a range of industries, including financial services, consulting, tech and non-profits.
If you're interested in machine learning but aren't sure where to start, our education team holds fortnightly workshops teaching coding and machine learning techniques. For those who've already got some experience, you can join one of our Projects team’s projects, where you’ll work on a data science problem with a team, and potentially our industry partners.
To get involved with our society, simply purchase a membership and attend our events. You can also join one of our 4 subcommittees: Events, Partnerships, Projects & Education, and Marketing. Recruitment opens shortly after the start of Michaelmas Term.
After becoming a member, you’ll be able to:
- Take part in our projects
- Join a subcommittee
- Run or vote for Exco positions in Lent Term
- Be registered on our weekly mailing list, where you'll receive career opportunities from our sponsors and partners, as well as information on upcoming events
- Gain access to IBM Skills Academy, where you can take courses, exams and get certified by IBM
- Receive discounts on society merch
- Attend our socials, member-exclusive networking opportunities/office visits, and more!
- Flagship datathon: A 2-day coding event in LT - work on a data science problem, win cool prizes and network with our sponsors!
- Data Science Conferece: A large conference with panels and workshops to introduce you more about data science
- Career Panels/Networking Events: Spring week panel, Finance, Consulting and Big Tech
- Projects: Learn by working on a data science problem with a team of like-minded individuals and build your data science portfolio
- Education: Workshops on various data science tools: Python, SQL and STATA
- Speaker Events
... and more! You can find more information and a calendar of events on our website.
To find out more about our upcoming events, like our Facebook page and follow us on Instagram.
If you have any other questions, feel free to message us on Facebook or drop us an email at email@example.com.
Welcome to the 2023/24 AU page.
Make sure you buy an AU membership to gain full access to all the exclusive events and campaigns the AU will be hosting this year!
Follow us on Instagram, our main platform of communication, at @lseathleticsunion to stay up to date with the latest and greatest.
We hope you are all looking forward to this year’s Golden Era!