Join RAG if you want to make change through a diverse mix of events, campaigns and activities, in support of a variety of causes - ranging from women empowerment, disability and mental health, human rights, sustainability and homelessness.
Together, we fundraise around £70,000 - £80,000 each year!
The RAG charities this year are Headway East London and Women for Women International. Headway East London is a local charity supporting people affected by brain injury, offering specialist services to survivors and their families; at least 100,000 people in London are estimated to live with the long term effects of a brain injury. Women for Women International work at the critical intersection of women and conflict providing skills, knowledge and resources that create sustainable change for women, their families, and their communities; they have assisted over 519,700 women survivors of war rebuild their lives to date.
LSE and LSESU have also partnered with St Mungo's, a UK homelessness charity, and RAG will be heavily involved in fundraising for them as well; read about the partnership here! We also fundraise on smaller scales for various other charities throughout the year!
FUNDRAISING ARM OF THE STUDENTS UNION
As the fundraising arm of the Student's Union, we offer assistance with all fundraising by students and societies on campus. This means that we are a gateway to most of the big societies at LSE.
We can provide you with planning, as well as logistical and marketing support, so please message us with any wonderful fundraising ideas you have or any great charities you think we should be supporting!
RAG membership is FREE this year - everyone is welcome here!
- RAG Band [The only LSE-affiliated freshers experience: Clubbing, Battle of the Halls, AU Zoo, Streetfood Fest, Bingo Lingo]
- Charity Art Sale with Creative Network [We're selling beautiful art prints by some talented student artists and photographers]
- Vintage Charity Sale with Fashion Society and SFS [Shop second-hand clothes and shoes]
- AU Movember [Raising awareness for men's health issues including men's suicide, prostate and testicular cancer]
- Giving Tuesday with Volunteering Centre [LSE celebrates the global day of giving following Black Friday]
- MT Dance Show with Dance Society
- Challenges Info Sessions: UK 3 Peaks Trek, Kilimanjaro Trek, London to Paris Cycle, RAG gets LOST
- RAG Week [A week of school-wide fundraising with a series of events and charity sports matches.]
- First Dates
- LSE Fashion Show with Fashion Society on International Women's Day
- Grimshaw-UN-Amnesty Diplomacy Ball
- RAG gets LOST [Get dropped off at a secret location and find your way back to LSE within 24 hours in teams of 3]
- Jailbreak [Get as far away from London as possible without spending any money while collecting points through a set of challenges along the way, and also fundraising for charity... if Covid permits international travel]
- Trek The 3 Peaks (highest mountains in England, Scotland & Wales) & fundraise for Amnesty International - June 2022
- Climb Mount Kilimanjaro & fundraise for Meningitis Research Foundation (MRF) - Aug/Sep 2022
- Join the London to Paris Cycle & fundraise for WWF - Aug/Sep 2022
Other events: plogging (picking litter while jogging/walking), charity skydive (TBD), volunteering opportunities including food donations to the homeless, etc..