Chat with us
TEDxLSESU is a student society of the London School of Economics dedicated to fostering and disseminating "ideas worth spreading." We were created in 2012 by a group of students as a platform for the delivery of an annual TEDx conference. However, since this beginning, we have expanded in scope to offer a year-long program of events connecting influential artists, activists, entrepreneurs, and thinkers with the wider TED community.
With over 100 members from 20 different academic departments, our diversity is a key component of our identity, mirroring the city and university we call home. Our events and annual conference are organized by an 18-person executive committee united in their curiosity and desire to engage with insightful new takes on prevalent global issues. Past speakers at our events have included Afro-Futurist illustrators, blockchain entrepreneurs, women's rights activists, and chefs.
TEDxLSESU also provides students the opportunity to deliver their own TED Talk via our annual Postgraduate and Undergraduate Speaker Competitions. Applications open in December, and are only open to members of the society!
Other events held include our Public Speaking Workshop, Crafting Your Own TED Talk Workshop, TEDxLondon Screening, and regular socials!
Members of TEDxLSESU receive all of the following benefits:
- Eligibility for participation on the TEDxLSESU executive committee on our Events, Marketing, Speakers, or Sponsorship Teams; elections are held in the early weeks of Michaelmas Term
- Eligibility for participation in the TEDxLSESU Undergraduate and Postgraduate Student Speaker Competition
- Access to all TEDxLSESU newsletters regarding upcoming events
- Discounted tickets to TEDxLSE 2021, our conference held in March of Lent Term
Events and Activities
Though the main focus of TEDxLSESU is the execution of our annual conference, we run a number of events throughout the year:
- Public Speaking Workshop
- Crafting Your Own TED Talk Workshop
- Undergraduate and Postgraduate Student Speaker Competitions
- Virtual Talks and Discussions
- Salons, Screenings, and Other TEDx Events!
Feel free to get in touch via any of our social channels. You can reach us via Facebook Messenger.
Alternatively, send us an email at email@example.com!
We'll also be hosting an Info session following by a Q&A via Zoom. Watch our social media pages for more information on scheduling for this!