Skip to content
The Saw Swee Hock building, home of LSESU

Drug and Alcohol Support

Your Officer...

Ellie has been working really hard to try and provide the right support for any student experiencing drug and alcohol issues:

"You might remember that one of my manifesto points was the promotion of alcohol-free events. Since being elected, I have developed this point into a focus on harm reduction measures for LSE students. I have been working hard this term to ensure that LSE is a harm reduction environment for both drugs and alcohol. The main things I have been focused on is the appointment of a service providing independent support for students on issues of drugs and alcohol. I've also set up anti-drink spiking measures in LSESU bars and began to explore the possibility of substance-free housing for LSE students. 

 Using the results of the LSESU Drugs Survey 2020, I’ve been able to effectively lobby the university into providing specific drugs and alcohol consulting services using Insight. Myself and LSESU believe that harm reduction methods to alcohol and drug consumption are the most effective methods in promoting student safety and we will continue to strive towards a policy that protects all students".


 Insight is a confidential service working that offers you advice about your health & wellbeing. Their aim is to help you with problems relating to isolation, anxiety, healthy lifestyles, and drugs and alcohol. Insight’s services are confidential and free; they have flexible access on evenings and weekends.  You can contact Insight via their phone number, Zoom, or (when safe!)  meet in person, whichever works best for you. If you have any questions, want to find out if Insight is the right service for you please contact them on:-

Sarah - 07825 539409

Azadeh – 07833 074581


I have been hard at work collaborating with Stopp Tops, to provide LSESU bars with tops for open drinks to prevent spiking. You can find them at your students’ union bar.

Stoptopps Instagram Carousels by Freda on Scribd


Finally, there are on-going conversations with the university about providing substance-free housing for students who would like a sober experience at LSE. A survey to gather student opinion will be going out in Lent term for you to be able to give your opinion on this. 

Other useful resources

Explore this section: