Application deadline: Wed 24 Feb 2021 10:00
About the role
You will act as the first port of call to our staff and external partners for all HR related queries. As a priority, you will handle the majority of employee documentation, including contracts, recruitment paperwork and starter packs. A good understanding and knowledge of employment law and ensuring the HR department conforms will be an advantage, but full training will be provided.
Please note, this role is only open to current LSE Students.
Your responsibilities as the HR administrator will include:
- Forming and maintaining employee records
- Updating databases internally, such as sick and maternity leave
- Preparing and amending where necessary HR documents, i.e. employment contracts and recruitment guides
- Reviewing and renewing company policies and legal compliance
- Communicating with external partners
- Reporting regularly on HR metrics, such as company turnover
- Being the first point of contact for employees on any HR related queries
- Assisting with payroll by providing the department with relevant employee information, i.e. holiday and sick days taken
- Helping with various arrangements internally, from travel to processing expenses
- Assisting with any other administrative tasks as and when they arise may be necessary
This role is advertised as part time and we are committed to work/life balance and wellbeing for the right candidate.
Please find the full job description and person specification for the role here.
Because you’re excited by the challenge! The exact opposite of corporate, we’re progressive, daring and creative individuals working to make a difference in unconventional workplaces.
Benefits and Perks
In return for your passion and experience we offer:
- London Living Wage
- 10% staff discount in the LSESU Cafes
- Flexibility for work-life-study balanc
- Enhance your CV
- Gain practical work experience in a customer service environment
Want to apply?
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
1. A copy of your CV along with a brief statement (max 750 words) about why you feel that you would be suitable for HR Coordinator Student Staff role and address the following 3 questions:
- This role involves working with confidential personal data. How would you ensure confidentiality is maintained?
- How do you deal with conflicting priorities and multiple tasks?
- Can you describe any projects or tasks that were primarily undertaken because of your efforts? How successful were they?
2. A completed Equal Opportunities Monitoring and Contact Form. This helps us gather and analyse demographic information about our applicants. This part will only be seen by HR and will not have any impact on shortlisting. You can find this form here.
If you would like to discuss this role please contact our Chief Executive, James Hann, on email@example.com
Deadline 10:00 Wednesday 24 February 2021
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for online interviews, the week commencing 1 March.