By submitting a booking form to London School of Economics and Political Science Students' Union (LSESU) you are indicating that you have read, understood and agree to the following terms and conditions:
LSESU accepts payment by bank transfer.
- The amount payable by the Customer will be set out in the applicable sales order form (or whatever we are using)
- Once the Customer is invoiced, payment must be received by LSESU by the date falling 30 days from the date of the invoice, or by the 20/09/2021, whichever is the earlier.
- Until payment is received in accordance with this clause, LSESU shall not be obliged to publish the Customer’s scheduled advertising or allow the Customer into the Welcome event.
- All amounts payable by the Customer under the Contract are exclusive of amounts in respect of value added tax chargeable from time to time (VAT). Where any taxable supply for VAT purposes is made under the Contract by LSESU to the Customer, the Customer shall, on receipt of a valid VAT invoice from LSESU, pay to LSESU such additional amounts in respect of VAT as are chargeable on the supply of the Service at the same time as payment is due for the supply of the Service.
All Printed and Digital Materials
- Promotional material must not display images that may be deemed offensive, or demeaning to women or any other demographic. In addition, LSESU retains the right to veto the display or sale of any good it reasonably deems offensive and holds the sole right to determine such matters.
- Any promotional materials related to your booking must be related directly to your business.
- Every stall comes with a 6’ table, which will be set up for you before your arrival.
- If bringing your own stall structure, you are responsible for setting up and taking down the stall. Setting up time is 09:00–09:30 in order to minimise congestion during peak times. Stall structures must be taken away at the end of your booking.
- Stallholders are expected to bring their booking confirmation reference on the morning of their booking.
- Any goods to be distributed must be cleared with LSESU Marketing Department before arrival – hot drinks and cakes may not be distributed, as this has a negative effect on our cafes. However, anyone wishing to give away these products can do so via vouchers for the café – this must be arranged with LSESU in advance of your booking date and will be paid via invoice.
- Delivery of items by a third party is permitted but it is essential that a member of your organisation must be on-site to accept deliveries. LSESU will not sign for or be held responsible for third-party deliveries and will refuse to accept them on your organisation’s behalf, as this would constitute a security risk.
- Failure to meet the terms & conditions may result in immediate expulsion from campus without a refund for your booking.
Distribution of Flyers and Posters
- Flyering and postering are carried out by our team of student staff. There is an additional charge if you would like your own team to flyer on campus.
- Bookings for flyering should be made with at least one week’s notice to allow time to arrange for staff to distribute your materials.
- All materials for distribution should arrive at LSESU at least 3 days before your booking. This will allow time for LSESU to check the material for any changes that should be necessary.
Welcome Fair Terms and Conditions
- Once your booking is confirmed by a member of the team you will need to make payment within 30 days of receiving an invoice, or before the date of the event - whichever is earliest. Once payment is made your booking is fully confirmed. If payments not made within this period your space may be forfeited to another booking.
- Failure to attend the fair or cancellation less than a fortnight prior to the start of the fair will not be subject to a refund. You will also still need to pay if you fail to inform us of your cancellation.
- Late arrival (i.e. the stall is not set up by 09:30 each morning in time for the safety check) may result in the stall being dismantled and/or re-assigned without a refund. This decision is final.
- Payment for your stall is due 14 days from receiving your invoice or before 13th of September, whichever is soonest. Any bookings made after the 13th of September must be paid immediately upon receipt of the invoice before attendance can be guaranteed. Payment can be made by:
- BACS: BACS details are provided on your invoice.
- Credit card or debit card
- Cheque: Cheques should be made payable to “LSESU” clearly stating your invoice number on the reverse.
- Agencies booking stalls on behalf of a client are responsible for passing on all relevant information, including these Terms & Conditions, to the appropriate person and LSESU will not be held responsible for the failure of an agency to supply the correct details.
Delivery of Goods and Parking
- Pre-agreed company or private vehicles will be allowed to park on Sheffield Street for the unloading and loading of goods from 07:00–09:00 and 17:00–18:00 on each day of the Fair, for no longer than 30 minutes each time. Companies will be asked to book a delivery slot and provide a vehicle registration number before 16 September. Unauthorised vehicles left on Sheffield Street outside of these times will be clamped.
- LSESU will not sign for or be held responsible for third-party deliveries and will refuse to accept them on your organisation’s behalf, as this would constitute a security risk.
- Items that are left for collection by a third party after the Fair finishes on Sunday, 27 September, is done so at the owner’s risk. LSESU will not take any responsibility for loss, damage or theft of any items. In addition, LSESU cannot be listed as the named contact for any third party collections, as this would constitute a security risk.
Stallholders and Stalls
- Only three representatives are permitted per indoor stall. There are no exceptions to this. Additional representatives above the allocated number per stall will not be granted access to the Fair under any circumstances. Refusal to leave the Fair will result in expulsion from the Fair, your stall being dismantled, and future bookings with LSESU may be refused.
- Any stands that are larger than the designated stall space agreed on the booking form will be refused. If you require additional space, you must obtain permission from the LSESU well in advance.
- Every stall comes with a table and two chairs.
- If bringing your own stall structure, please let us know in advance. You are responsible for setting up and taking down the stall. Setting up time is 07:00–09:30; taking downtime is 17:00–18:00 on each day of the Fair. Stall structures left overnight are done so at your own risk. LSESU accepts no responsibility for loss, damage or theft of any stall structures left overnight.
- Stallholders are responsible for displaying their stallholder access passes at all times. Failure to do so may result in expulsion from the Fair. Security personnel check access passes at all entrances to the fair and will refuse admission unless this is displayed.
- Representatives of your organisation manning the stall should be reminded that they cannot utilise the space in front of the table provided.
Distribution & Storage of Materials
- Flyering is only allowed at individual stalls. At no time may you flyer or distribute items in any other part of Welcome’ Fair, LSE or LSESU buildings.
- Materials handed out at the Fair must relate specifically to your organisation. Sharing of stalls or distributing materials not directly related to your organisation is not permitted and could result in immediate expulsion.
- All materials utilised on your stand (including boxes, papers, and giveaways) must be cleared from the’ Fair no later than 18:00 on Sunday, 27 September. You are also responsible for tidying your stall by 18:00. Items left overnight on your stall are done so at your own risk. Any items left after the Fair finishes are not the responsibility of LSESU and may be discarded during the cleanup.
- Items may only be stored underneath your allocated stall. At no time may you utilise the area surrounding your stall for storage. Please note that any property left in storage is done so at your own risk. LSESU accepts no responsibility for loss, damage or theft of any items left in storage.
Restrictions on Distribution
- The taking of any form of payment (including debit/credit card, cash or cheque) is forbidden at all stalls unless specific arrangements have been made beforehand with LSESU. Failure to comply will result in immediate expulsion.
- Stalls must not display images that may be deemed offensive, or demeaning to women, at the Fair. In addition, LSESU retains the right to veto the display or sale of any goods it reasonably deems offensive and holds the sole right to determine such matters.
- Failure to meet the terms & conditions may result in immediate expulsion from the Fair without a refund for your booking.
- The Customer shall indemnify LSESU on demand against all loss, actions, costs, claims, demands, expenses and liabilities whatsoever which may arise either at common law or by statute in respect of:
- any personal injury to or death of any person;
- any loss or destruction of damage to property or assets;
- any damage to LSESU’s reputation:
- which shall have been caused by the action or inaction of the Customer, including a breach of the Contract or any default or neglect of the Customer, or of any person for of whom the Customer is responsible) and which shall have occurred in connection with any products, services, activities or events advertised by the Customer through the Services provided under this Contract.
In the event of a cancellation by the Customer up to 14 days before the hire date:
- If the Customer chooses to cancel the event due to COVID concerns, but the Welcome Fair open and able to legally and safely accommodate the event, as per government guidelines, the Customer shall be liable for the full amount of the total due.
In the event that LSESU has to cancel the contract as it is no longer able to safely accommodate your event as per government guidelines:
- The Customer will be due a full refund of any amounts already paid.
Explore this section: