This page is designed to provide you with all the information you need to get your group involved in the Virtual Welcome Fair, secure your spot and to prepare your group to be as engaging as possible for new students. More information will be added to this page about how to ensure you are prepared, being digitally ready for 2020 Welcome and what our Give It A Go (GIAG) Programme will look like.
When & Where and What?
This year the LSESU Welcome Fair will be virtual and will be live for 2 days. All the information you provided on the Student Group Page Update Form will be used to form your Virtual Stall. You do not need to provide any additional information.
Dates: 24th - 25th September
Times: 9am - 5pm
Sign up for the Fair & Update your Webpage
As this years' Welcome Fair will be virtual, the information on your lsesu.com pages will be used to populate your 'virtual stall'.
Stall sign ups have now closed for 2020.
If you need to update your website page from now for the virtual fair, please do so by gaining your admin rights and editing the pages yourself.
Memberships, Mailing Lists & GDPR
No Student Group should take or record any personal contact information (including emails, phone numbers, photographs and social media accounts) during online conversations with other students as this is not GDPR Compliant. Your memberships will be live on your virtual stall.
So, we have set up two types of memberships for groups:
Give-It-A-Go Mailing List: Free for students to join. You can email students Sept - Oct to let them know how to join.
Paid Membership: The membership each student must buy to be a member of your club or society.
Membership change requests for 20/21 have now closed.
Our Stall Holder agreement outlines all of the expected behaviors for committee members.
- No stall will be used to advertise a commercial or other external organisation without the prior permission of the LSESU.
- Only committee members who are current LSE students can run the stall.
- Groups may not produce, distribute or pass on content during online conversations that is of a discriminatory nature, or content which may offend, harm or cause distress to others. Please respect all students and act in a way that does not cause harassment, duress or stress.
If you do not follow these after one request, you will be asked to leave the fair. Please Sign Your Stall Holder Agreement by 15th September for your group to be able to attend the fair.
Report any complaint, dispute or apparent incident of bad behaviour to firstname.lastname@example.org at the earliest opportunity. If you do not follow these after one request, you will be asked to leave the fair.
Live Chat Function At the Virtual Fair
At the Virtual Fair you will be able to chat to students live online and encourage them to sign up to your club or society. Be prepared to answer questions, introduce yourself and the committee and give examples of what your group has to offer them throughout the year.
Questions to consider;
- How do I sign up to your group?
- Why should I join your group?
- How do I buy membership?
- What does your group do?
- What events can I be involved in?
- Do I have to sign up today?
- I have no experience in your activity, can I join?
Your group social media information you submitted via the Student Group Page Update Form will be the social media platform you use to chat to students at the Fair.
( E.G. If Baseball Club gave their www.facebook.com/LSESUBaseball social media account, a “Chat” button on their Virtual Stall would link students automatically to LSESU Baseball Facebook Messenger to “chat” to them during the 2 days of Welcome Fair.)
We recommend Facebook Messenger as a good form of communication with new students but there are plenty of other social media platforms that work well too. Feel free to also set up Zoom calls if you’d prefer Face-to-Face interactions.
Please Note: If you want to change the social media platform you had selected on the initial form, please email email@example.com with the correct information.
Your Next steps
- Ensure all your committee have have read the Stall Holder Agreement and that you have signed it by the 15th September.
- Ensure you have rota of committee members to cover your live chat messenger from 9am - 5pm on both days of the Virtual Fair.
If you have any further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.