Skip to content
A sign saying 'Room for Rend' is displayed outside a house

Finding a home

How can we help?

Start typing key phrases like finances, studying, assessments or housing to see what help topics we have available.

Can't find what you're looking for? Get in touch.

Finding somewhere that you will be happy living in for the next year is an important decision and it can feel overwhelming with all of the options out there. We have a few suggestions for you if you are stuck with the process.

What can you do?

If you are looking to live in student accommodation (often referred to as “halls”), the LSE Accommodation team can assist you with applying for and booking halls vacancies. You can also search for student accommodation including student homes, flats and lodgings via London StudentPad.

Hybr is a new service set up by former students who previously experienced issues with their landlords in the Private Rented Sector. It is an accommodation platform dedicated to supporting students find and enjoy a great rental experience, and will guide you through the entire renting process. We highly recommend!

If you are looking to rent a room in the private sector (i.e. not student specific), there are a number of ways you can do this. You could either go direct to an estate agents or search via a listing site. There are numerous sites which list rental vacancies, two of the more common are SpareRoom and Zoopla.

Before considering privately renting, please read the University of London's Private Housing Guide. It has all the information you need on how to rent safely.

What can we do?

Our advisers are more than happy to have a look at any housing contracts before you sign them to see if there is anything unusual or concerning, as well as answer any questions you may have. Remember not to sign anything unless you are 100% comfortable with it and understand the contract fully.

Contact us

If you have been unable to find an answer to your question or would like to speak to one of our Advisers you can contact us in a few different ways.

The LSESU Advice Service is based on the third floor of the Student Union, Saw Swee Hock Building right in the heart of campus. We provide free, independent and confidential advice to all LSE students on academic and housing matters, as well as administering the Hardship Fund, the Childcare Fund and the Graduation Gown Support Fund. We can be contacted either via email at or by making a booking on Student Hub. We can provide advice and support via email, telephone, Zoom or face-to-face appointments.

Where to find us

Saw Swee Hock Student Centre

Contact us

020 7955 7158

Booking appointments

You can book an appointment via email or via the Student Hub website. Student Hub

Explore this section: