Skip to content
A modern house with floor to ceiling windows


How can we help?

Start typing key phrases like finances, studying, assessments or housing to see what help topics we have available.

Can't find what you're looking for? Get in touch.

The LSESU Advice Service provides free, impartial advice on a range of housing issues. If you can't find what you're looking for, get in touch with us and we'll do our best to support you.

WHAT CAN we help with?

  • Contract checks
  • Deposits
  • Council tax
  • Landlord and letting agent issues
  • Flatmate disputes
  • Halls of residence disputes

We regret that we cannot provide individual support with finding accomodation.

If your case is very complex, we may signpost you to an alternative free, specialist housing advice service.

How can we help?

  • Providing information on your rights and responsibilities as a tenant
  • Looking over contracts and other housing documents
  • Supporting you in complaints against halls of residence
  • Signposting to relevant services

Did you know that...

We can support you in disputes with LSE halls of residence

Our independence from LSE allows us to provide impartial advice as you navigate almost any School process, including accommodation complaint.


Whether you have a query about your tenancy agreement or are unsure about council tax, you needn’t go far for advice tailored to your situation.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Our online pages cover the most common questions we receive from students in the Advice Service. However, this list is not exhaustive, and we may not have a specific page for your query.

Our advisers are happy to speak to you about any query you have and if we can’t help you ourselves, we will be able to point you in the direction of someone who can.

Where to find us

Saw Swee Hock Student Centre

Contact us

020 7955 7158

Booking appointments

You can book an appointment via email

Explore this section: