Skip to content
A student taking notes

PhD Supervisor Issues

How can we help?

Start typing key phrases like finances, studying, assessments or housing to see what help topics we have available.

Can't find what you're looking for? Get in touch.

Academic relationships can break down for any number of reasons. Due to the nature of a PhD student/supervisor relationship, this can have a serious impact on your studies. We have a couple of suggestions if you find yourself in this situation.

What can you do?

To raise your initial concerns, you should contact the PhD Academy(Opens in a new tab) in the first instance. They may be able to help you address the issue by discussing your concern with the supervisor in question or helping you change supervisors if possible.

If your concern is of a serious nature, you can consider the Complaints procedure.

More about complaints

What can we do?

Our advisers can provide you advice and guidance on the Complaints procedure, including but not limited to looking over any forms before you submit them or answering any questions you may have about the procedure.

Where to find us

Saw Swee Hock Student Centre

Contact us

020 7955 7158

Booking appointments

You can book an appointment via email or via the Student Hub website. Student Hub

Explore this section: