Skip to content
Somebody filling in a form

Withdraw from LSE

How can we help?

Start typing key phrases like finances, studying, assessments or housing to see what help topics we have available.

Can't find what you're looking for? Get in touch.

Withdrawing from LSE is a big decision, but it can be the right one for you. The Withdrawal process allows you to permanently withdraw from your degree programme.

What can you do?

First and foremost, you should be aware that should you choose to withdraw from LSE, this process is irreversible. If you are looking to take a temporary break in your studies but then return, we would suggest looking at an Interruption instead.

In order to withdraw, you should first speak with your Academic Adviser or Supervisor. If you decide to proceed, there is a form to be completed and submitted to the Student Services Centre who will liaise with you to process the withdrawal.

Access withdrawal form

I'm an MPhil / PhD student

If you are an MPhil or PhD student, you should contact the PhD Academy for more advice.

I'm living in halls

If you are living in Halls of Residence, you should also inform the Residential Services Office as you will generally not be permitted to stay much beyond your withdrawal date.

I'm studying on a visa

The Visa Compliance and Change of Circumstances Team will process the withdrawal and should inform you of any consequences on visas.

Where to find us

Saw Swee Hock Student Centre

Contact us

020 7955 7158

Booking appointments

You can book an appointment via email or via the Student Hub website. Student Hub

Explore this section: