Once your trip has been approved, you will most likely have a meeting with your coordinator to begin a project timeline for the actions needed to deliver the rest of your trip. In this stage there are many parts of logistics you need to consider and manage to make your trip successful.
You need to engage participants to get involved in your trip whilst also manage their safety to ensure they can attend their trip. Below we have listed some easy ways for you to achieve this.
- Data Capture Through Ticketing - At the point of ticketing you need to capture some really important information including Name, Email, ID, Passport Number, Country of Issue, Next of Kin Information and any Medical Conditions. This means you can safely support your participants through the trip process. We can set up tickets for you on lsesu.com which does all of this data capture for you.
- Briefing Participants - It is important to ensure your participants are well prepared for the trip so check in with them reguarly. We advise you to email your students will a full trip itinerary and copy of the risk assessment so they have it. We also recommend you hosting a briefing to inform them as well introduce everyone going to the organising committee. We have made a Trip Briefing Template which you can use to help you achieve this.
- Briefing Template(Downloads a Word document)
Individual Pre-Trip Checklist(Downloads a Word document)
- Help Participants Prepare - It is important that you ensure participants take responsibility for their own safety too. Ensure you send them this Individual Pre-Trip Checklist to make sure they are! The UK Government also provide advice on preparing for a trip.
Committee Checklist(Downloads a Word document)
- Insurance - The Union does not have insurance that covers students going abroad on trips, therefore we advise all students going on trips overseas to take out their own travel insurance. It is important this message is passed onto all participants
- When planning your trip, you need to think about organising, coordinating and bookings lots of logistical aspects to ensure a successful trip. You need to look into this, and work with your coordinator in good time to get these things paid off. You may event get the participants to book some of these themselves. These include:
- We have made a Committee Checklist to help ensure you have ticked all the logistical boxes you need to before the trip!