Chat with us
LSESU Dance Club, as the winner of the Gold STARS award, strives in every way to provide a platform for dancers in LSE to maximise their potential and to be a part of an amazing family. We welcome absolutely everybody, regardless of gender, year of study, dance ability or anything else.
Our teachers are all professional, experienced and they will inspire and push you. We have a variety of genres to choose from, offering both advanced classes for those wishing to further their dance experience and beginners classes for those who wish to get involved in dance for the first time! There are also opportunities for all members to choreograph, teach classes and take part in competitions.
We embrace the values of self-motivation, versatility, diversity, creativity, and inclusivity. If any of these values resonate with you, the Dance Club is the perfect environment for you to meet like-minded people, hone your craft further or even learn something new.
Our most celebrated event of the year is our Annual Dance Show which is held every March at the Peacock Theatre. The show includes both teacher and student-led choreography. It has been boasted as "possibly the best SU event of the year, if not all time". It represents the hard work of all our teachers, student choreographers and dancers. You do not want to miss the opportunity to be part of one of the biggest showcases in LSE!
Standard membership (£30) provides you with:
- Access to discounted weekly dance classes
- Participation in all competitions and workshops throughout the year
- Show performance opportunities and costumes subsidies
Mini membership (£5) provides you with:
- Access to weekly dance classes
These are one time-payments that cover you for the full year. If you intend to purchase a standard membership, do not purchase a mini one.
Teacher-led Class Tickets and Bundles
Class prices are as follows:
£4 per class for standard members
£20 for a 6-class bundle for standard members (5+1 free class)
£8 per class for mini members
Tickets can be bought online only from this page. Please purchase your bundle or ticket BEFORE the class. Once you have purchased the product, have the transaction number handy, as you will show this to the Genre or Class Representative before class. You can find the transaction number in your email. If you have bought a bundle of 6 (5+1), you will use the same transaction number for each of the 6 classes.
Events and Activities
We host a wide range of different activities such as:
- Weekly dance classes taught by professionals for different levels in Ballet, Contemporary, Hip Hop, Jazz, Commercial, Bollywood and Heels!
- Workshops and Dance Days (free dance classes)
- Performance and choreography opportunities for everyone
- Our huge annual Dance Showcase in Peacock Theatre in March
- Competitions (teams include Ballet, Jazz, Contemporary, Vybe and Wildcard with the additional opportunity of performing a solo, duo or trio!)
- Regular club socials including club dinners, pre's, Sway nights, movie nights, skating, dance performances, joint events and more!
- We also attend AU events together such as AU Ball, Carol and more!
Check out our Youtube to see more of our incredible performances!!
We're all so excited to welcome you to our Dance Family!
There are many ways to stay up to date with the latest events and to get in contact with us and other members of the club.
We also have a Whatsapp group for all members where we'll be answering any questions that arise and giving you all the necessary information!
Follow us on Instagram
Follow us on TikTok!