We won Sport's Club of the Year 2022!
We hold weekly classes on campus where you can learn the basics (and eventually the not-so-basics) of pole fitness, all taught by an experienced instructor! We also hold a weekly pole jam where you can take a well-needed break from studying and come to practise any skills you have learnt.
No sport or dance background is required at all - whether you’ve always dreamed of being able to do the splits, or if you’re already able touch your head with your toes, we welcome all abilities and love being able to introduce as many people as we can to the sport.
Additionally, for those who want to try their hand at performing, we participate in and host various shows and competitions throughout the year, and even placed 2nd at IUPDC Nationals 2022!
We are a very sociable club, welcoming both drinkers and non-drinkers alike. So whether you’d rather show off your moves in the trampoline park or in Zoo Bar, we’ve got your back! We also run socials with other LSE AU sports teams and pole clubs from UoL, so it's a great way to gain loads of friends from all across London!
Your membership fee goes towards the running of the club, including the cost of maintaining equipment, employing a professional pole teacher, entering competitions and ensuring the long term development of the club.
As a member, you'll get to attend pole classes at a reduced rate (£4.50-3.40) as opposed to (£7.50) for non-members. Most importantly, you'll meet loads of like-minded, dedicated and awesome individuals that will become your friends for life.
Events and Activities
We have a range of different classes for all different abilities. The skill requirements for each class are:
- Beginner Class
- Open to complete beginners, focuses on basic spins, climbs and putting this together with choreo
- Level-up Class
- Must be able to do controlled two-handed spins and a controlled climb to the top of the pole
- Lower intermediate class
- Must be able to do controlled one-handed spins, comfortably invert from the floor on both sides, and do a gemini on both sides (an outside leg hang with no hands on the pole)
- Upper intermediate class
- Must be able to aerial invert, shoulder mount and extended butterfly
- Spin/Choreo Class
- Pole Jam
- Open to all members, a free space (without instructor) to practise the skills you learnt in class!
Current schedule is:
- 12.30-1.30pm: Beginner Class
- 1.30pm-2.30pm: Beginner Class
- 2.30-3.30pm: Lower Intermediate
- 3.30pm-4.30pm: Upper Intermediate
- 2.30pm-3.30pm: Beginner Class
- 3.30pm-4.30pm: Level Up Class
- 4.30pm-5.30pm: Spin/Choreography Class
There will also be opportunities to compete against other universities throughout the year.
The best way to keep up with us is through joining our WhatsApp group, alternatively you can contact us on: