Your Democracy Committee has been elected to make sure that democractic processes at LSESU run smoothly and are open to everyone. These include everything from Union General Meetings to Elections. We'll be electing two more members of Democracy Committee in Michaelmas Term!
The committee decides the dates of elections and referenda, chairs the Union General Meetings and acts as the main point of contact for students who have questions about how to get involved with the democratic system. The Returning Officer also sits on the Democracy Committee and deals with any issues or complaints during LSESU’s elections.
2017/18 Democracy Dates
This year's election dates are as follows:
- Nominations Open: Monday October 2nd
- Nominations Close: Monday October 16th
- Campaigning: Wednesday 18th - Thursday 26th October
- Voting: Tuesday 24th - Thursday 26th October
- Nominations Open: Monday 5th February
- Nominations Close: Friday 23rd February
- Campaigning:Wednesday 28th February - Thursday 8th March
- Voting: Tuesday 6th - Thursday 8th March
Annual General Meeting
23rd March - 3pm - 5pm
Your Democracy Committee 2017–18