Pay and Reimburse

If you need to make a payment on behalf of your club, society or activity, or get reimbursed for a payment you have made on behalf of your group, you can find out everything you need to know in our online training module Finance and Funding. Any forms you may need are available to download below. Alternatively, you can pick up physical copies from the Activities Resource Centre (ARC) on the 1st Floor of the Saw Swee Hock Student Centre.

To ensure your payment requests are processed, you’ll need to have the funds available in your group account, and have everything signed off by your treasurer (or by your president or club captain if you are submitting a request as treasurer of your group). We have regular payment runs which means your request will be dealt with as quickly as possible, but please allow 10 working days for payments to be processed, and longer for international payments.


If you have made a payment on behalf of your club and society and need to be reimbursed – there are two ways you can do this.


This handy guide tells you how you can use the eXpense365 app to submit payment requests from your phone from wherever you are!

If you need a quick refresher, have a look at one of the summaries below –

Please note, the app does not currently work for invoices, international bank accounts, claims in foreign currency or Annual Fund projects. If you are unable to use the app, you should continue to use the paper based reimbursement system.

Payment Request Form

Alternatively, you can complete a Payment Request Form. Print the form off, clearly fill in all the fields and get your treasurer to sign it (unless you’re the treasurer, in which case your president or club captain should sign the form). You then need to submit the form with proof of purchase and proof of payment attached to the back of the form to the ARC where our staff will process it.


You can also pay someone directly from your LSESU account by submitting an invoice. Get an invoice from the company you want us to pay and submit it to the ARC. We can pay invoices in a foreign currency, but please be aware that international transactions usually incur a fee, which will be charged to your club or society.

All invoices must:

  • Be correctly addressed to LSE Students' Union, Saw Swee Hock Student Centre, 1 Sheffield Street, London, WC2A 2AP
  • Include the suppliers details (name, address, e-mail)
  • Have an invoice date
  • Have an invoice number
  • Include a VAT number (if applicable)
  • Include details and dates of services
  • Have a correct total on invoice
  • Include the suppliers bank account details

If you have an invoice which has already been paid, please submit it alongside a payment request form as proof of payment, and the payee of the invoice will be reimbursed.

Please note, invoices cannot be processed through eXpense365, so you’ll need to submit them to the ARC.

Paying sports coaches or officials

All coaches and officials should be paid by invoice where possible. If is is not possible to invoice officials, you can either:

  1. submit a payment request form alongside an Officials Payment Receipt to the ARC, or 
  2. submit an Officials Payment Receipt through the eXpense365 app.