1. Support and coordinate on planning a successful and varied programme of events and entertainment activity which reflects a diverse student population
2. Effectively act as duty supervisor for planned entertainment & events activity and ensuring the highest standards of regulatory and licensing compliance are upheld
3. Supporting the effective marketing and promotion of planned entertainment & events activity
Who we are
Part business, part charity, part membership body – students’ unions are all seriously fun places to work. They are organisations in their own right. Professionally run, but different. Professional teams support elected student leaders to make change, improve lives and fulfil potential; we help make it happen.
Founded in 1897, LSE Students' Union is one of the oldest Students' Unions in the UK and is the representative and campaigning body for students at The London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE). Like other Students' Unions, it also funds and facilitates student activities of campus, including societies, sports clubs through the Athletics Union (AU), the Media Group and Raising and Giving (RAG) charitable fundraising initiatives.
Benefits and Perks
In return for your passion and experience we offer:
• London Living Wage plus Holiday Pay
• 10% staff discount in the LSESU Cafes
• Flexibility for work-life-study balance
• Enhance your CV
• Gain practical work experience in a licensed events environment
Want to apply?
We want to ensure all systems, policies and processes are free from bias or discrimination and are fair and accessible. To apply for this role, please upload the following documents:
(A) Our Equal Opportunities form, which you can download below.
(B) A statement (500 words maximum) covering the following questions:
Please ensure your personal statement does not include any personal information (e.g your name, date of birth)
1. Why are you applying for the role of Entertainment & Events Assistant?
2. What interests you in working in entertainment & events?
3. How do your skills enable you to succeed in the role as an Entertainment & Events Assistant?
4. What skills have you gained that is applicable to customer service facing roles?
5. What skills have you gained which is applicable to administrative roles?
6. What skills have you gained that is applicable to the marketing and promotion of an events calendar?
How to apply?
Please follow this link to apply and to upload these documents and to see further information about this job.
Interviews will be held for shortlisted candidates early June. If you are aware that you unable to make these dates, please indicate this in your application.
Please feel free to peruse the Job Description attached to this advertisement. If you would like to have an informal chat about this role, please contact María Karla Barca Marrero, the Entertainment and Events Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Compulsory Requirement - The UK Government sets the legal regulations that we are required to follow. As an employer we have to ensure that everyone is eligible to work in the UK and this is done by us checking and making a copy of the correct original identification/documentation before your first day of work. Currently we require you to have the right to work in the UK, as we are not a Home Office approved sponsor.