About the role
As Activities and Communities Officer, you will be one of LSESU’s four full-time, paid Sabbatical Officers. The Sabbatical Officers represent all students at LSE and lead on major campaigns, strategic developments, projects and events.
The Activities and Communities Officer works to create and sustain the LSE community. This will involve supporting the development of LSESU sports clubs, societies and the student Media Group. You will help organise events, such as the Freshers’ Fair, and will work closely with the Raising And Giving (RAG) President and the Athletics Union (AU) President on their campaigns and projects.
You will also lead on sustainability initiatives in the SU, working closely with the Ethics and Sustainability Adviser and green-focussed societies.
All Sabbatical Officers are also members of the Trustee Board, which has the ultimate legal and financial responsibility for the Students’ Union, and the Executive Committee which is responsible for defending the rights of student members and campaigning on issues affecting them.
What am I responsible for?
Directing the Union’s Student activities work
Instigator of new and developing extra curricular activities
Lead projects that enhance the personal development of members
Lead on initiatives that help build community within the School
If you have any questions about this position or running for election, please message us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- A full time role with a competitive salary of £30,134
- 25 days holiday plus Christmas and Easter closure dates
- Free access to LSESU gym
- Full induction programme and training opportunities throughout the year
- Flexible working
Some important details
- Position tenure: 1 July 2023 - 30 June 2024
- We ask Sabbatical Officers candidates to keep July mostly free as this is when we hold our intensive induction period
- However, we will endeavour to be as flexible as possible if you are a postgraduate students and still studying during the Summer, or have a pre-planned event you can't miss
- Hours: Full time, 37 hours per week
- We work flexibly, and there may be times you need to work outside of standard office hours to complete your role
- Location: Saw Swee Hock, 1 Sheffield Street
- LSESU runs a flexible working policy, and most employees work partly from home and partly in the office