About the role
As Education Officer, you would be one of the Students’ Union's full-time, paid Sabbatical Officers. The Sabbatical Officers represent all students and lead on major campaigns, strategic developments, projects and events.
The Education Officer is responsible for leading change in teaching and learning within LSE. You will raise awareness of academic issues, liaising with students, academic representatives, academics and the directorate to ensure that students have a voice and representation within the SU and the University. You will also take the lead on national education policy and issues.
You will sit on School decision-making bodies, including the Academic Board, and will co-chair the Consultative Forums. This is a meeting-heavy role.
All Sabbatical Officers are also members of the Trustee Board, which has the ultimate legal and financial responsibility for the Students’ Union, and the Executive Committee which is responsible for defending the rights of student members and campaigning on issues affecting them.
What would I be responsible for?
Directing the Union’s work on educational and academic issues
Supporting Academic Reps to make positive changes to the educational experience of students
Primary Officer involved with monitoring the activities of the Academic Board and other related Academic Committees
However, as with all elected roles, you will have a lot of freedom over the projects you choose to work on.
If you have any questions about this position or running for election, please message us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- A full time role with a competitive salary of £30,134
- 25 days holiday plus Christmas and Easter closure dates
- Free access to LSESU gym
- Full induction programme and training opportunities throughout the year
- Flexible working
Some important details
- Position tenure: 1 July 2023 - 30 June 2024
- We ask Sabbatical Officers candidates to keep July mostly free as this is when we hold our intensive induction period
- However, we will endeavour to be as flexible as possible if you are a postgraduate students and still studying during the Summer, or have a pre-planned event you can't miss
- Hours: Full time, 37 hours per week
- We work flexibly, and there may be times you need to work outside of standard office hours to complete your role
- Location: Saw Swee Hock, 1 Sheffield Street
- LSESU runs a flexible working policy, and most employees work partly from home and partly in the office