About the role
As General Secretary, you would be one of LSESU's full-time, paid Sabbatical Officers and the primary liaison between LSE and the Students’ Union. The Sabbatical Officers represent all LSE students and lead on major campaigns, strategic developments, projects and events.
Specifically, your role involves representing the student body and setting the agenda within both the School and LSESU. You will actively promote the needs and desires of students and lead on the development and delivery of initiatives, campaigns and projects to improve the overall student experience at LSE.
You will sit on LSE’s decision-making bodies: including LSE Council; Finance and Estates Committee; Ethics Committee, Honorary Awards Committee, and Governance Committee. This is a meeting-heavy role, with various chairing responsibilities.
What would I be responsible for?
Directing the Union’s representative work
Acting as Union Spokesperson
Chairing the Executive Committee
Chairing of the Trustee Board
Primary liaison between the School and the Union
However, as with all elected roles, you will have a lot of freedom over the projects you choose to work on.
If you have any questions about this position or running for election, please message us at email@example.com
- A full time role with a competitive salary of £30,134
- 25 days holiday plus Christmas and Easter closure dates
- Free access to LSESU gym
- Full induction programme and training opportunities throughout the year
- Flexible working
Some important details
- Position tenure: 1 July 2023 - 30 June 2024
- We ask Sabbatical Officers candidates to keep July mostly free as this is when we hold our intensive induction period
- However, we will endeavour to be as flexible as possible if you are a postgraduate students and still studying during the Summer, or have a pre-planned event you can't miss
- Hours: Full time, 37 hours per week
- We work flexibly, and there may be times you need to work outside of standard office hours to complete your role
- Location: Saw Swee Hock, 1 Sheffield Street
- LSESU runs a flexible working policy, and most employees work partly from home and partly in the office