The LSESU Trustee Board has overall responsibility for the Students' Union and so must ensure it is legally compliant, financially healthy and acts in the best interests of its members. The Board consists of five Sabbatical Officers, six elected students and one external trustee. You can find out more about our Trustee Board here.
In this election we are electing three members of trustee board, two of which must be postgraduate students.
- Attend trustee training
- Ensure that LSESU remains in good financial shape, including approving the annual budget
- Ensure that LSESU does not break any laws or regulations
- Interpret the Constitution, Articles and Byelaws
- Attend and contribute to Trustee Board meetings (normally five per year)
- Read relevant reports and papers prior to meetings
- Steer the Students' Union's strategic direction
In order to be a trustee:
- You cannot have been convicted of an offence involving deception or dishonesty (unless the conviction is spent)
- You cannot have a history of bankruptcy