Annual STUDENT MEMBERS' MEETING
Our ASMM (Annual Student Members' Meeting) is a chance for you to hold your Students’ Union to account and will be taking place in Winter Term 2024
Time/Date: 7pm, Thursday 29th February 2024 (after the Student Town Hall, 5-7pm)
Location: The Great Hall, Marshall Building
Zoom link: Please message firstname.lastname@example.org to be sent a Zoom link
During the ASMM you can hear all about what we did in the last financial year (academic year 22-23) to improve your experience at LSE. You will hear about our financial position and have the opportunity to ask our trustees any questions you have. We will also be voting on any suggested changes to the byelaws.
Why is the Annual STUDENT MEMBERS' Meeting (ASMM) important to me?
No matter your year of study, department or your stance on the SU, the ASMM is beneficial for all students to attend:
- Maybe you have no idea or awareness of the Students' Union.
This is the best way to find out who we are and what we do first hand from the leaders of the organisation.
- Maybe you're involved or part of the Students' Union in some way.
Whether that be part of our clubs and societies or as a PTO or campaigner - the ASMM is the time to acknowledge what we have achieved and to help determine the course of the SU's growth.
- Maybe you have some concerns about us?
This is a great opportunity to question and challenge your SU and it's governance.
- The best reason to attend?
You get first hand experience of how an organisation is run, what challenges there are, and what works. Who knows, one day you could be running your own Annual Student Members' Meeting!
- Introduction: What is an ASMM?
- Ratification of the Previous ASMM
- Receive Trustees' Report & Strategic Priorities Update
- Receive 2022/23 Accounts
- Appointments of the Auditors
- Review and Approve List of Affiliations
- Voting on Proposed Changes to the Byelaws
- Open questions to the Trustees by the Members
You can view what was covered in last year's ASMM here.
If you have any questions about the ASMM, please drop us a message at email@example.com