Chat with us
Simply said, futsal is a fast-paced, indoor version of football (Fútbol Sala). Originally from South America, Futsal has produced many of the great South American modern footballers who started out on the indoor courts, such as Neymar, Coutinho, Ronaldinho, and more.
Futsal has a few major differences with the original sport: five people per team including the keeper, smaller and squarer goals, a smaller and heavier ball, two 20-minute halves per game, and no offside. Because there are only 5 players per team, games are usually much more intense and require a lot of strategy. Wonder what Futsal looks like? Check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=py_kCVO4CHk
This is the 8th year of the LSE Futsal Club, having participated every year in the BUCS league where we played against other universities such as Imperial College, UCL, Queen's Mary, UEL, and more. We strive to build 4 really competitive teams; Men's 1st, 2nd and 3rd teams and our Women's team! Each team will have a training and at least one game per week, with a bonus session as well for those who wish to go above the call of duty!
New for the 22/23 season, our home pitch and training facility will be inside the new Marshall Building on LSE Campus, meaning less travelling and more playing!
Purchasing membership for LSE SU Futsal will enable you to join one of the most close-knit families on campus.
We have two available memberships:
- Competitive: Will give you access to all of our competitive fixtures throughout the season. You'll also get access to our weekly training sessions, an opportunity to go on tour and compete in Varsity. Your membership fee goes towards the running of the club, including training sessions, matches and socials. As a member, you'll get the opportunity to not only represent your university but you'll also meet loads of like-minded, dedicated and awesome individuals that will become your friends for life.
- Social: More casual membership that still comes with plenty of opportunities to play! Access to all socials, friendly tournaments and open training sessions.
Events and Activities
- Training on Tuesday 14:00 (Men’s 2s & 3s) and Thursday 15:00 (Women’s 1s & Men's 1s).
- BUCS Women's matches on Saturday and Men's matches on Sunday
- Social cups
- Sports night on Wednesday nights
- Mixture of social events ranging from Fifa Sessions to Park Meets to Dinners
- (Inter)national tour
- Optional friendly fixtures on weeknights
The committee is really excited to welcome new members and we've created a dedicated WhatsApp group for any questions you have. Also feel free to message us on Facebook or Instagram and like and follow to receive updates on events!