The Students’ Union Fund (SUF) is a pot of money worth £150,000 provided by a range of donors from the LSE. It serves to support LSE students by supplying funding which is essential to bringing their inspiring ideas and initiatives to life.
Two funding streams are available:
THE project FUND | Apply below!
Bringing LSE students’ ideas and initiatives to life, with the possibility of accessing up to £5000 per year.
Providing financial assistance, up to £500 per year, to LSE students who can’t afford extra-curricular activities from the LSESU. If you want to find out more and apply for the Participation Fund, please head to the bottom of this page.
the SUF is based on 7 key criteria
The panel is looking to support any application impacting the LSE students' community, whether on-site or online. Any individual LSE student, LSESU society, or sports club can apply for SUF. Each application will be reviewed against the 7 SUF criteria. The more criteria your project matches, the more likely it is to be funded.
- Wellbeing: Provide concrete examples of how your initiative directly targets aspects of student wellbeing - enhancing students' mental or physical health.
- Inclusion: Show how your project contributes to creating an inclusive and diverse atmosphere at LSE.
- Environmental Sustainability: Detail specific eco-friendly practices in your project, and explain how your project contributes to LSE's ecological footprint.
- Education: Details the specific educational aspects of your project - be it workshops, seminars, or resourceful content. How is your project making a real impact on student learning at LSE?
- Student Demand: Showcase the demand for your project through numbers - How many students would benefit and have shown interest in your initiative?
- Financial Need | Clubs and Societies only : Assess your finances and society's account balance judiciously. Show us why SUF is the precise financial boost your society or club requires to achieve your objectives.
- Financial Sustainability | Clubs and Societies only : Outline how your project plans for financial sustainability if held in the long term. This can include diversifying funding ressources, planning for long-term stability, or other budget management alternatives.
Read more about the specifics of each criterion and additional information in our SUF Application Checklist.
Funds coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Funds Coordinator can advise on your application, give you feedback about the panel’s decision and follow up from the moment you apply until the finance part.
You can book an appointment with the Funds Coordinator on Student Hub here.
Current working hours of the Funds Coordinator:
- Tuesdays from 9am to 5pm
- Thursdays from 9am to 1pm
- Fridays from 9am to 1pm
Next SUF panel dates:
- Tuesday 5 December 2023
- To be confirmed: 19 December 2023
- Tuesday 9 January 2023