We hope you had a good winter break and it's great to see you back. We thought this would be a good opportunity to remind you of what the LSESU Advice Service can do for you.
GET THE SUPPORT YOU NEED FROM YOUR ADVICE SERVICE !
The LSESU Advice Service is here to help, offer and advice support to all LSE students !
The Advice Service is open throughout the year (excluding bank holidays and school closure days).
We are here to assist you whether it is to do with course related queries, accommodation or personal problems – you will receive free invaluable, confidential and impartial advice at all times !
As we are independent of the school, we will listen, consider your circumstances and advise you on the best course of action. We will also talk through with you processes and advise you on how to put together the information you need, as well as reviewing anything you may need to submit to the School
· Academic issues – including course issues, central exam adjustments, disciplinary procedures, interrupting your studies, making complaints, PhD supervisor issues, withdrawing from LSE and more.
· Housing issues – including council tax, contract checks, deposits, flatmate disputes, halls of residence disputes, landlord and letting agent issues and more
· Hardship Fund, which helps students who have fallen into short-term, unforeseen hardship to continue with their studies and complete their degree.
· Childcare Fund, which assists with childcare cost support.
· Graduation Gown Support Fund, covers the graduation gown hire fees for any student who cannot afford the cost.
Above all, we will listen to you and identify relevant services here and elsewhere that can support you, including helping you to communicate your needs to other departments with your consent. We recommend you to access www.lsesu.com and check under our Advice Service page for further details regarding all the above.
Blog written by Laurence Mackavoy
Laurence works as the Advice Caseworker for the LSESU Advice Service
THE LSESU ADVICE TEAM
The LSESU Advice Team is based on the 3rd floor of the Saw Swee Hock Building and we provide free, independent and confidential advice to all LSE students on academic and housing matters. We also administer the Hardship Fund, the Childcare Fund and the Graduation Gown Support Fund (GGSF).
Our service is currently operating using a hybrid working pattern. We are still open and can be accessed by emailing email@example.com. You can also book a telephone or Zoom appointment with an adviser through Student Hub.